Saturday, October 9, 2010

Halloween Fool Wine Bottle Topper

If you're looking for my 31 Days post, please scroll down. Ok, as promised I am back with a non-stamping project that I've been working on. He is my Halloween Fool that I sculpted out of clay. You are supposed to use him to cover your cork on an open bottle of wine- or I guess you could use it on a closed one too, but open bottles are more fun! It took me such a long time, and I was so so proud of him when I finished painting him. Then the boy found him. Yes, that's right, the boy.

You may notice that the bottom edge of my fool's neck is a little jagged. He started off with a bottom that was nice and smooth and kinda tapered out a bit. My 3 year old son decided that he was going to pick him up and bang him against the table. So bye bye nice smooth bottom, and hello jagged edges. But, I do have to say that it turned out okay, and makes him look a little scruffier for Halloween I guess. I just painted up the bottom again.











I am seriously considering making quite a few of these in all my free time (all different types of fools, of course!) and listing them on etsy. And I'd definitely keep them high up so the boy could not wreak havoc on them. What do you think? I'd love to hear your opinions on him and whether you think I should. Anyhoo, I know he's not stamped, but I thought I'd share him anyways since he is festive. Enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. Very festive and since I just came back from a music festival at a winery, very apropo. Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow terra that is so wicked awesome...hugz Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's fantastic I think you should list him on etsy
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so freakin' awesome! you should definitely make more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think he's fabulous! And a bunch of different ones would be a great thing to sell! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude, that is too faboulous!!!! to keep my small child away from certain things, i draw a line in part of my work area, he can create with me, but not get close to something that he might change somehow

    ReplyDelete
  7. DOOOD! I love him!!! He'd made a great gift for your sister! (hint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW did I miss this? WOW! You so SHOULD make and sell on ETSY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a great ice breaker at a party. He's wonderful. I'd fancy having a bunch of these on all the potion bottles as well. Thankyou for sharing
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete