Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 6- 31 Days of Halloween: Simply Skeletal Hang Tag

Today for 31 Days I am bring you a fairly easy project. It is a hang tag that I created using one of the Smeared Ink images from As Death. I just love this scrap of deco paper that was in my bin, (as evident by the other two projects that I showed you already that used it) and I just had to finish off the big scrap. Now I think I only have a few small pieces left.

I started by stamping my image over the striped background that had been mounted on caramel cardstock. Then I simply colored in my skeleton using a white gel pen to make him pop off the page a little. I think it gives a neat effect. I stamped my Happy Halloween saying from Lonely Buy and Puff on a piece of caramel cardstock, and mounted both on a plain black cardstock background.


*click for larger views


To finish it off, I attached a sheer black ribbon that has a striped ribbon wrapped around one end, and a dried flower from my yard on the other end. Then I added three black sequins using brads, and finally stitched some x's using black hemp.



I hope you're not too disappointed with this really plain project, but I adore it and there is also a reason why I didn't get to do something elaborate today...I spent all day lugging out Halloween decorations and making clay bones! I'll share the bones when I finish, I will be keeping some of them and have sold some, and they are just too fun! I'll also have some pics of my decorated house up in the next couple of days for your enjoyment. In the meantime, have a wonderful time hopping through all of our Wicked Blogs today! Don't forget you can find them in my sidebar. See you tomorrow!

15 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your decorated house if your projects are any indication of who wicked it will be ;) I think the tag is awesome. Love the details, the stitching, and that you used a gel pen to color it in - I wondered how you stamped it on the stripes. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's too plain at all! I cannot believe how perfectly you cut that skeleton out! He looks incredible! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi This is great a fantastic skeleton great hanging tag
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is beautiful!! Love all the touches you added! So how did you add the flower? do you spray them with anything so they don't crumble?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hon, I would hardly call this plain! It's gorgeous! and I love the little details! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. the skeleton almost looks like he died in jail, love the tag, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great tag! I love those flowers from your yard dried they look perfect on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is a great project Terra. I REALLY like the look of the way you colored the skeleton. I was trying to figure out HOW you did that! Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! Tags are my favorite thing!! This is awesome!

    Can't wait to see the bones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing plain about this card, it's super FAB!! I like how you attached the sequins with brads...why didn't I think of that??

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is not plain at all, it is so effective

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with all the others - just because it's not as elaborate as other pieces - doesn't make it plain. This is a fantastic tag with so many great little touches
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Plain schmain!!! You are always your own worst critic!!! You know I would tell you if it were plain and I totally love it! So there!!!:P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love it, I studied it to find out how you made the skeleton pop, know I know. Great job.

    ReplyDelete