Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 21- 31 Days of Halloween: Curious Raven

Welcome everyone to Day 21 of 31 Days! Only 10 days 'til Halloween, can you believe it? Today for my project I started a chipboard book. I've had this thing sitting around since, well, forever, and have never done anything to it, so I thought it would be nice to have a little mini something for Halloween. Not quite sure what is going to go in it, but I will just go with the flow when the time comes. For now, I've just designed the cover.








There is a whole lot going on here, but I'll just tell you that most of it is paint. My stamped image is from Smeared Ink's Quoth The Raven set. There is some cheesecloth added in for good measure, an acrylic window, some more of that cool black netting that I used on my Lonely Boy Torture Book, and some black hemp ties. I also added a couple of pearls, some eyelets, and will add in a red ruby crystal to the raven's eye as soon as I can get my hands on one.

I hope you enjoy! Have fun hopping today, and come back later for the hidden image winner.

15 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful Terra. The raven is fun and the cheesecloth is so great. I really need to get mine dug out and used. I am NOT using it for canning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! that background is amazing and I'm loving all the texture from the different fabric and netting! FABULOUS!!!!! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH that is gorgeous!!! where do you get cheesecloth? I need some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terra, this is awesome! LOVE the darkness and all of that fabulous texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great cheese cloth, never would have thought of that and the Raven takes the prize in the acrylic frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is starting out fantastic! Love the cheesecloth and netting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mini album!~
    Love all the layers, and the peeling paint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool, the red is going to look great in the raven's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool!!! I love that netting! It adds drama to the piece! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this it is fantastic
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're feeling upto crafting again. If the cover is anything to go by - the rest of the book is going to be amazing as well!! That netting highlights that fantastic raven . The addition of the pearls is so just right for some reason.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome, I love all the elements

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome, I love all the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the paint! and a red ruby crystal would be awesome! I love all the elements on this!

    ReplyDelete