Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 14- 31 Days of Halloween: Potion Scroll

Welcome back! Before we get started with my Day 14 project, I have a special Smeared Ink announcement for you... we are having a SALE!



From today through October 17, Smeared Ink is hosting a Halloween Hysteria Sale! Stock up on your favorite in-stock Smeared Ink images at 25% off*. Includes all in stock rubber and digi sets.

Our shop will reflect the sale prices, and we will be updating available quantities for each rubber set. Once our inventory is gone, the set will no longer be available to purchase at the sale price.

*Please Note: Sale price not valid on preorder or out of stock stamp sets, cling mount, apparel or other gift items.

Now is the perfect time to stock up on all your favorite stamp sets from Smeared Ink! All of our newsletter subscribers got the info on the low-down yesterday, so be sure if you are planning on getting a set or two or three, that you read the qty amount 'cause once they are gone, they revert back to full price!

Okay, now that I've told you about the sale, here is my project, and I absolutely LOVE it! It is a potion scroll; kinda like a checklist for the resident witch. No, not me... the make-believe one that only comes out at Halloween. The one who uses creepy ingredients and silly elixirs and who never cleans the cobwebs off anything!
*click pics to view larger














Did you catch a glimpse of one of my decorated endtables in the background? That's a teaser for my Halloween Room, which I hope you end up liking especially after all this hype! Ha ha!

So, back to the scroll, I started with a long piece of paper and attached two sticks that I found in my yard with heavy-duty glue. One of the sticks I wrapped in some wired chording first. I stamped my witch's cupboard images from Third Coast Rubber Stamps using stazon, and then colored them using muted tones. Then I took my colorbox tool and using three different distress pads, inked up the whole paper front and back. In some spots I used a leaf as a mask, just to give some odd lines and depth. I also covered my images to make sure the scroll looks really old.

Then I did my lettering, which I'm none too impressed with, but at least it looks hand written like it's supposed to. That's what I get for trying to write neatly, I should have just used my regular penmanship. Anyways, the final step was to add a gold leafing to the edges, roll it up, and tie with some antique lace ribbon scrap.

So, I'd love to hear what you think about it! I know it uses alot of the same materials and techniques as all my other projects so far this month, but at least I can say I have a theme :) I hope you get to hop to all the other Wicked Blogs today, and be sure to check back a little later to find out who wins the hidden digi from yesterday!

19 comments:

  1. That is great! Love the scroll, I'm sure your room is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN, Terra! Love your creative ingredients. Need some bottled cat's meow? I've got loads. LOL Love how antiquey you've made it. Did a bit of shopping this morning. WooHoo! Thanks for the sale. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project - thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well not all witches have fantastic memories when it comes to putting things together. Several scrolls like this would be needed to make up the recipe book any witch would need to refer to over time. This one with the great little images is fantastic. Love the dresser and the colouring .... WOW
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find bottled cats meow! I've looked everywhere!! haha. I think this is aother delightfully "creepy" type thing! Are you going to hang in? Or just leave it out on the table for people to pick up and say "what's this?" Either way, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, i can't wait to see your room! i love the scroll, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omfg! I love love love this! it is frekin amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent! I love your lettering, it looks great! And yes it looks like an old worn scroll, too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is awesome! I also think your handwriting is fab, just perfect on the scroll! And the stamps you used are wicked (no pun intended!)! ;}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative - love the stamping and the creative idea! Gold leafing is a nice touch. Cannot wait to see your room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooooooooooo excited about the sale!!!

    GREAT scroll! Techniques- don't worry- it is the unique projects I love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always love your hand writing! I love the scroll, I may need to add some to my Halloween house!!! LOL we went out of one room this year!!! I'm excited to show you mine as well as to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! It would go great with the potion and ingredient bottles I am working on. I have been loving your Halloween creations. What an inspiration you are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so much fun, I love anything potion related

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great it looks like very old scroll.
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow Terra now that is awesome love your handwriting its fantastic,that scroll looks totally wicked...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello there,

    This is a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at moresmearedink.blogspot.com.

    Can I use some of the information from your post right above if I provide a link back to this website?

    Thanks,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    If you are interested in sharing the project details, yes feel free to share. Please link back to this post and I'd love to see your write up if you want to share a link here. All I ask is that you do not copy the pictures unless you add a copyright notice to them (or directly underneath them)-Images Copyright Terra Serrano.
    Thanks so much!
    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  19. as always I love what you have done! I must get over to TCRS I love those images! and the handwriting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete