Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 5- 31 Days of Halloween: Cutie Patootie Treat Card

Welcome to Day 5 of 31 Days, and yes, I said cutie patootie...something that is WAY out of my element. But, if you read my first 31 days post, I explained that I would probably only be making cards if I had a specific person in mind while making it. Well, this card definitely has someone in mind, and it is for my little niece India, who is 2.

I didn't want to totally creep her out, so I used the little stitchy fellow from Smeared Ink's Candy Is Dandy set by Irma Diaz. Which, by the way, came in EARLY and is now available in our shop! If you subscribe to our email newsletter, you learned about it yesterday and also got word that in celebration of the early release, this set is on sale for 15% off, but hurry because the sale ends tonight!

So anyhoo, I decided to make a really cute little card using all scraps out of my scrap bin. Here it is.



You may recognize the orange background paper from a skull card that I made last year for 31 Days. It was made with vellum that was inked directly from an ink pad and allowed to dry. I took my favorite spider web stamp from Lonely Boy and Puff and stamped them onto the orange paper. Behind that orange is a decorative paper that has black and white flowers, the same paper you see on the left. I thought it added cool dimension to see it peeking through the vellum a bit.

The weird curvy shapes came about from scraps that were leftovers of a pillowbox die cut. Amazing what you can find a use for! My flowers were made from scratch using the same ribbon that I used on my Candy is Dandy shrine a couple of weeks ago. I love how they turned out with the wire ribbon because it was really easy to shape them and this is one of my first attempts at making ribbon flowers.



The little stitched up bear-looking guy was stamped on glossy cardstock,colored using paint markers, and popped onto pop dots. The "Treat" saying was leftover decorative paper from last year as well, and I just colored in the letters. Finally, the long curly whispy things coming from behind the flowers are just really thin strips of paper that I cut, and the stitching was done with embroidery thread.



I really hope India enjoys getting this card, and I'll probably throw in a special treat for her. I wish I could see her face when she gets it (*hint *hint Tori, take a pic!)

So, now that you've seen my project for the day, it's time to announce the winner of yesterday's hidden prize! We had 10 people find the pouting witch on Meredith's blog. I put the names in order of when I received them, and the winner by random # is...

True Random Number Generator

Min: 1
Max: 10
Result: 3
Powered by RANDOM.ORG

Sue Kinsey!!

Congrats Sue!!! I will send out your digi prize immediately, and we'd all love to see what you do with your pouting witch so feel free to link up a project if you'd like. Now, go and enjoy the other Wicked Blogs today, and I'd love to hear what you think of my card and of all the 31 Days projects that you've seen so far!

18 comments:

  1. i totally love the wicked flowers you made and your is awesome ..hugz anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute card I hope she likes it I know my niece would. those flowers are so cute great job on your first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way cute! Can't creep the little ones out!
    Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAw so cute. I'm sure your niece will adore it

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card I am sure she will love it
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card in a GOOD way! The vellum is wonderful and the stitching is perfect- I am too lazy to stitch on cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, how CUTE, Terra! I've got to check out that set. Well hon, you're sleeping in 'cause it's 9:33 EST and there still are no numbers. LOL Im feeling lucky so I'll be back. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your niece is gonna love that card. You have so many details, I really need to try out stitching on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUDE!!! India is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE that card!!!! I'll have to make sure she doesn't try to eat it, but I'll be sure to get a picture for you. That cutie patootie is gonna have a good home :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the card girl! great ribbon flowers..they are addicting though! lol
    cute lil guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card!! It is cute, in a very creepy way, and the flowers are divine!!! LOVE them and the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo Hoo! I'm so psyched to win that stamp. Can't wait to play with it.

    Love your card - your niece will love it I'm sure. Those ribbon flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ummmmm cutie patootie?!?!?!? LOVE IT! I know India is gonna love it too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is totally adorable! That's my fave image from that set...and you did a great job with it! Love those big flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card - just right for a 2 yr old. Your flowers have turned out fantastic - wouldn't believe that's your 1st time
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. those flowers are beautiful!!!! wonderful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute, really like your orange vellum with webs. I'm going to have to try that tip :)

    ReplyDelete