Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 20- 31 Days of Halloween: Vintage Halloweenie Notebook

Hi everybody! Welcome to day 20, and I'm happy to report I actually have a project to show you! I am doing a bit better, although still sore, but I had my kids be my go-fers for supplies last night, so I was able to make a simple something for you to look at. It is an altered composition notebook.








You may be asking yourself where the stamped images are...well, each doll body piece is in fact a separate stamp, as well as the face. I distressed each piece a little and I added the black cat temporary tattoo. All the "stitches" were drawn on, and I made the hat out of a temporary tattoo also- it was a spiderweb that I cut up. The hat trim was leftover from my altered doll, and the cute bat buttons, as well as the other buttons, came to me in a prize RAK from Barb at HDH and Oz.

All of the background papers are from Graphic 45. The little side raffia looking ribbon is scrap that I took off of a covered floral wire. And, I think that's about it. I really like the vintage-y look to this, very simple and childlike. I'll definitely be using it to jot down some notes!

So, I also need to apologize to you all since yesterday was supposed to be a hidden prize day. But, to make it up, Vampire Rye from Wild Flower Kids is joining us today! Be sure to check out all the wicked blogs, and if you happen to spot him, email me. I will draw for the winner tomorrow.

Have fun today!

16 comments:

  1. Awesome vintage notebook and the paper doll is fab with the cat tatoo. I wouldn't mind doing homework in this notebook. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! What a nifty doll! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! i'm gald you are feeling better! love the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is fabulous! Love all the little details!! hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is so cool and folksy looking! LOVE the colors! (glad you're feeling better!) xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous notebook! Awesome attention to detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is wonderful! Very well done and glad the kids got some work in :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling a bit better and hope to see that improve. Great isn't it when you have slaves to do your bidding!
    This project was so worth waiting for. Love all the little bits that went to make up the doll. Easy to see your creative brain has not suffered like your back. All the other embellies look fantastic when put together like this.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty! I love it! - Hugs and sparkles
    WG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fun project. I love the way the witch is made up.

    Temp tattoos are so useful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling better this is a great note book
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it great when the kids help!!!!! LMAO

    And your sending me this book because you love me and I'm your bestest best friend right????~~~~!!!!!??????~~~~~!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Love the book, did this really start out as a plain old black and white comp book? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is adorable, I love all the details and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are feeling better. That notebook is wicked awesome! Great job and I love the little black cat - really catches your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great book! I love that your simplest projects are so fab! and the temporary tattoos...what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete