Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Simply Skulls Jewelry Set- Twisted Tuesday Materials Challenge

No one got into the groove of painting last week, so hopefully I'll have more takers on this week's challenge. Let's get right to it! Twisted Tuesday works like this:

* Every Tuesday I will post a new challenge. The challenge will be to use a specific material on your project. The material may be a store bought supply, an item you can find around the house, or a repurposed or recycled object. I will post a sample to go along with the challenge.

*You can make a card, scrapbook page, altered item...pretty much anything you want as long as it is stamped somewhere on it and uses the specific material.

*You will have until Sunday night to comment on my post with a link to your entry.

*I will choose the winner and announce on the following Tuesday. The winner will receive a material that they can use in a future challenge!


Here's the challenge for this week...

My Sample:

My sample this week is a jewelry set of earrings and a necklace. They feature a tiny skull and crossbones stamp from Bombshell's "Homeward Bound" set. I used chipboard for my base, and lock washers to frame my images, and as my dangle on the necklace.

*click pics for larger views*



The Challenge:
Use a piece of real hardware (from the hardware store, not the scrapbooking store) somewhere on your project.




The Prize:

Since nobody won last week, I'm offering up the same collection pack of assorted vintage buttons.

You have until Sunday night to participate in this Twisted Tuesday, so when you're done with your project, leave a link to it in a comment under this post. Don't forget, since this falls during 31 Days of Halloween, you get 5 Blog Candy entries for participating! Have fun raiding your tool box or local hardware store!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I participated last week, I just didn't link on your post. Sorry! Anyway you already saw it on my friday post ;P... This is cool and you know I love to raid the garage!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the set. I'll try and have a go but posting pictures is a challenge in itself at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, just click my name and i'm hoping that it takes you to my blog post, with my project. i'm hoping i did this right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok so click my name and then my blog, ldfdesign

    ReplyDelete