Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shrine Lantern- late post

Well, better late than never! It took eight hours to finish all the cards today to fill my rush order, so my Halloween project had to wait until the last minute. But, I got one done and plan on making more of these quick decorations to go in my entry way.

This was not my idea, just the design of it is mine. Kas, a fellow Bombshell, made a wonderful lantern a few weeks ago featuring a Bombshell Butterfly; and I believe she got her template from Martha Stewart. This project was a fun and fast way to get a cool decoration, and the kids loved it!

For my lantern, I used the freebie shrine template that we got when we pre-ordered new Sugar Skull stamps from Bomshell, and a skull image from the set called "Sugar Skulls".The first picture is in normal light, the second with the lantern lighted from the inside, and the third a close up. Although the vellum looks yellow in the pics, the lantern windows are in fact orange and green.







Hope you enjoy it, even though it's not too elaborate, and I'll see you all tomorrow! I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the lantern. It's got my little mind thinking of all the possibilities for Halloween, everyday and other holidays
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terra, LOVE the lantern. That's a great stamp for it!

    ReplyDelete