Monday, October 19, 2009

Calavera Fiesta

Venga a la Fiesta!!! Ahora estoy la diez y ocho dia de Halloween en Smeared and Smudged, y mi tarjeta es de Dia De Los Muertos!

Okay, so my Spanish is a little rusty, it's been a while...
Today I'm bringing you a Day of The Dead party invite featuring the Bombshell Festive Calaveras set. It goes along with my and Kelli's Monday challenge, which this time is to create something using embossing.

I made my background paper, stamped my images, and embossed them in black. Then I added an embossed flag, glitter, hemp twine, and black glitter glue accents on the calavera's heart and left side of card. The background paper took alot of time, but I'm extremely happy with this fun card!


*click for close-ups*


My pictures are a little shiny in some spots and dark in others, but by the time I finished this card I had no natural light left to photo. Hopefully I'll be able to get a better picture taken later.

Now if you'd like to participate in this challenge and earn more Blog Candy entries, make something that has been embossed and post a link to it. Or just leave a comment. And don't forget to visit Kelli to see her embossed project!Hasta manana!

4 comments:

  1. I love this card. I'm a big fan of heat embossing so I'll probably try this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked on kelli's site as well. I made a halloween cube with stamping, alcohol inks, embossing, and cardstock. Check out my blog for photos and a step-by-step tutorial.
    http://ladybrayton71.blogspot.com/2009/10/halloween-cube.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Terra! Love this card! You and Kellie come up with some good ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of work here, but it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete