After a fabulous blog hop yesterday, I was totally inspired! And by the way, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! to all of you who visited and posted comments for me and my fellow Bombshells, we love to hear the feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed my interpretation of Sarah K's challenge; I forgot to mention that you can enter your own design for the challenge by visiting
Now back to the thrill of today! Like I said before, I was absolutely inspired by the hop and had to sit down and create my heart out! I thought it would be fun to set some guidelines for the cards to make them fresh and interesting. So, when you view these two cards together that look NOTHING alike, you may think to yourself "they have nothing in common", but that is where you are wrong my friend!
They actually have two very distinct things in common. First, for both I used acrylic paint and everyday objects to apply the acrylic paint. Second, they are both made from scraps. I dove deep into my scrap bin and came up with long lost goodness. So there you have it. On to the cards.
My first card was a bit of a challenge to me because I used an acrylic stamp set. I don't own too many of these because I usually don't like the way the images stamp, just my personal preference, but I do have to say I LOVE this one. I found it at Michaels. I stamped and embossed the image onto scrap turquoise cardstock, then added black glitter and silver paint around the edges. The background of the card was stamped with shelf liner (the rubbery kind that keeps cutting boards from moving) using paint in red and silver. I used some left-over sculpture paper, scrap ribbon, and bits and pieces of some charms that I had. I think the only "new" things on this card are the red brads.
My second card went in an absolutely opposite direction. This card was built around the sassy image, which is a digi stamp from Victoria Case. I found some scrap decorative paper and stamped a background image directly over it using green paint. I also found some different scraps of green background from a magazine and pieced them together. I love to save magazine pics that I like! This is also where the words came from. I layered these background pieces together and smudged ivory paint around the edges using my finger (that's an everyday object!)
After printing my country girl digi image, I colored her using prismacolor pencils and cut her out. She is "floating" with pop dots. The last few embellishments I added were the brown brads and the brown raffia ribbon. Once again, I think the only thing besides the image that were "new" on this card were the brads. And isn't she just so fresh with her country self!
So I hope I gave you a little thrill for your Thursday! Tune in tomorrow for Funky Friday, and don't forget if you want to see more or are interested in networking with stampers who enjoy gothic, vintage, and alternative stamping, join my new Smeared and Smudged Group. We're just getting started and would love to have you!