Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 1- 31 Days of Halloween 2014

Well, today's the day...it's officially the first day of October, AND the first day of 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN 2014 hosted by Smeared Ink and Smeared and Smudged!!!  Woo Hoo!!!! Are you ready? We are super excited to be bringing you our sixth annual Halloween/Day of The Dead celebration! 

I'm so excited to be your blog roll host this year for our annual event, and once again we have a doozey for you! This year we have our longest Wicked Blog Roll ever; 39 Wicked Bloggers are ready to showcase their superb Halloween and Day of the Dead projects, so you'll have a plethora of Halloween goodness to feast your eyes on all month long! 

Hopefully you will be participating as either a Horrifying Hopper or Sinister Lurker. Here's how you do it...
See that long list of participating blogs at the top of my sidebar? The one under the Wicked Blogger Button?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Yep, that's the one. Be sure to visit each one every day in October, and if you need a refresher on the rules and regs of the hop and all the details for playing along with the Scavenger Hunt or as a Horrifying Hopper, please visit this post. 

We hope you enjoy the month full of powerful inspiration. You are sure to see projects that range from creepy cute, to beautiful, to gory, to downright scare your socks off, but we know we have an amazingly talented group of bloggers this year and we will enjoy every second of it! 

This year I know I will not be able to post projects each day, however I will be posting some projects during the month when I have time and I hope you enjoy them. On those days you can find my projects below the scavenger hunt information. 

Remember how I mentioned our Scavenger Hunt? Well, we're stoked to start our festivities off with some amazing hunt sponsors for today! Be sure to give them a visit and then give the scavenger hunt a try to win some pretty magnificent prizes.

Our sponsors for Day 1: 
______________________________________________________________

Be sure to visit the Creepy Cute Stamps sites below:

The winner of today's prize from Creepy Cute Stamps will receive a free single digi stamp from the Creepy Cute Shop.

_______________________________________________________________


Be sure to visit the Rick St Dennis sites below:

The winner of today's prize from Rick St Dennis will receive 1 single digi  image of their choice from the Zibbet shop.
______________________________________________________________



Be sure to visit the Altered Pages sites below:

The winners of today's prize from Altered Pages will receive 1 collage sheet of their choice from the shop.


______________________________________________________________

To qualify for the Scavenger Hunt prize drawing, all you have to do is visit the Wicked Blogs and find our hidden scavenger image. We will be hiding one each day and giving you a clue, and anyone who finds it will be entered into a drawing for one of the prizes. Each sponsor for the day will have a different winner, so today we will have three winners!

Once you find the image, EMAIL US and tell us whose blog it is on. 
(smearedinkstamps@gmail.com)
To qualify for today's drawing we must receive all guesses by 9am PST tomorrow morning. If you guess correctly you will get one entry into the daily drawing. The winner will be drawn using random.org and we will announce the winner tomorrow.

Here's your clue for Day 1:

My pale demeanor casts an eerie light,
In all my glory I am quite a fright.
My phase is fleeting; depends on the night.


Do you think you have the answer? Be sure to find the image before you email us.

Now get to hopping and check out all the amazingness, and if you are participating as a Horrifying Hopper don't forget to leave your comments on each blog each and every day to qualify for the grand prize drawing at the end of the month. Above all, have a blast!




(ps- because of the enormous amount of spam I get on this page, I approve all comments. Don't worry if you don't see your comment appear right away, as long as you submit it and it is legit, it will show up soon)

23 comments:

  1. Thanks Terra, I'm really looking forward to a month long spooky fest.
    Sue
    The Nanny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! Cant believe it's the first of October already! Dont think I'm ready for this! Let the fun commence!!! Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be the most awesome blog hop ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I love how its growing ever year! I can't wait to see all the wonderful eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Thanks so much for this challenge and Happy October! Off to Hop!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to hop again this year! I'm just shivering with excitement. WOW, great participation. Some day... xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for this hop, I can't wait to see all the creations. Thanks for organizing this month long fun fest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So what's the deal on Jessica's Blog. Can't comment unless you're a MEMBER? Don't see a followers button. Only follow by email Is THAT what I have to do? I wake up to over 100 emails every DAY. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excited to be here for the first time. Looking forward to visiting everyone.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. October promises to be an interesting month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea!! its finally here!! Woot Woot. GL everyone, find those hidden images, TY Sponsors, and lets goooo.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. This will be my first time to hop! Exciting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had so much fun the last two years. I am so EXCITED to hop and scavenge again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope I can make it through all the postsbut I sure will try

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so exciting, I am ready to hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terra, you are awesome to do all you do for us! I will post here every day for 30 more days just to sing your praises!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone has done a great job. I just might become a hopper and a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! October is finally here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woohoo! One quick question: to qualify as a Horrifying Hopper, do we need to leave a comment on your blog as well, Terra?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Day 1 of our fangtastic hop was just amazing! Mind blowingly amazing! Thank you Terra for this monumental event you and Tori host each year! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete