Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Miss You Jack

I just have a quick minute, but want to share. Last night I got the opportunity to sit for about an hour by myself, so I decided to make a card that's been sitting in my mind for a while. It uses sitting Jack from our Smeared Ink "Jack" set, and a saying from our "Carnies" set.


*click for larger pics*




The cardstock is all Stampin' Up, and I started by stamping and embossing my background images, then filling the music notes with blue shimmery powder. I was super inspired by Aletha from our S&S forum, so I made Jack into three separate dimensions. I stamped him with stazon, then watercolored him for our Smeared & Smudged Guest DT Watercolor Challenge that was posted by Jennifer.

I used different inks to make the background colors on the card, and then just simply layered stuff, made my tag, and added ribbon and hardware. Finally at the end, I covered the tag, Jack's eyes, and lips with Crystal Effects to make them glossy. The card is a little more subtle and pretty than I usually make, but I hope you enjoy it!
*31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN 2010*
HIDDEN IMAGE FUN SCAVENGER HUNT
CLUE#3: YOU'LL FIND THE HIDDEN IMAGE IN A POST FROM THE MONTH KNOWN FOR ITS SHOWERS. THIS PUNKY EIGHTIES GAL WOULD LOVE TO ADD A WITCH HAT TO HER FASHION STATEMENT!

4 comments:

  1. Great card, Terra! Love the colors and the shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is my fav - but you already know that!;)

    I too love the colors....he is wonderful. I need to start working in dimensions too! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dimension!! and the colors! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete