Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pieces and Parts September S&S Member Hop

It's that time again! Time for the Smeared and Smudged Forum member blog hop. Each month we give all of our forum members a chance to share a project with everyone and hop along for some really fantastic inspiration. We have some newbies joining as well as some seasoned monthly bloggers, so I really hope you enjoy the hop today.

This month our theme is Pieces and Parts, and the challenge was to use at least two stamp or digi images combined to make a "new" image or focal point on your project.

For the first time ever, I have made an all-digital project. Thank you to all those digi artists out there who have proven to me that you can really make some fabulous pieces using all digital work! I must say, it took me just as long to work digitally as it would have to use actual 3-D supplies, and it was super fun!!! The card is pretty simple, but I like it. If anyone has any tips to share after you've taken a look, feel free.


For my card I used images and words from five different Smeared Ink sets. The spider web is from Candy Is Dandy rubber set, the Obsession sentiment is from Heart Wings digi set, the pumpkins are from The Patch digi set, the screws are from Urban Decay rubber set and Lonely Boy and the Halloween sentiment are from Lonely Boy and Puff rubber set.

Before I forget, just let me mention that we are so excited because very soon we will be offering all of our rubber sets in digi form as well! This gives you instant access to some of your faves! If you haven't signed up for our newsletter yet, please visit our store site and sign up; then you'll get all updates and new information first.

So now that that's done, back to my project. There's not much I can tell you about process as it's all digital work, but just know that it took a really r-e-a-l-l-y long time and I hope it shows. I decided to make this a Halloween themed card, cause let's face it, Halloween is all year long in my house and I'm just a little bit obsessed! Plus it's kick starting my butt to get in gear for 31 Days of Halloween (have you signed up yet? Visit the link for all the info!). I used this month's Very Sketchy card sketch for my layout. If you like the sketch and want the chance to win some prizes, visit the forum and check that out as well! You have until the end of the month to enter all of our challenges.


I am entering this into the following challenges:

365 Cards Day 191 So Not Me- Digital work is definitely NOT my style!

CASE Study Challenge #56- I took the blue, orange, and black as inspiration. I'm not sure if digital work counts, but decided to share anyways :)

Crafty Sentiments Designs- Halloween- My card is completely Halloween themed!

Creative Card Crew- Anything Goes

Paper Play Challenges- Use 2 or more stamped images. I'm not sure if digital work counts, but I used four rubber stamped images and two digi stamp images



I hope you've enjoyed taking a look at my project. Below is the blog roll for all of the participants this month, so please hop through from blog to blog and leave them some comments about their work- we all love to hear what you think! Thanks for stopping by.


Terra (YOU ARE HERE!)

Black Dragon

Jane

Kim

Celina

Kapree

Heather

Lady Brayton

Kristy

Monique

Lisa

Ike

Jean

Dianne

Kelli

Sara

31 comments:

  1. Great creation, love the pumpkins and great job on the digi work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful job on your first time out! digi does take time, i've tried ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you used! I'm just now trying to do some digital art, and I'm really not very good at it. Your card looks great.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS - great to see you trying digi work..... and yes it does take time doesn't it. Awesome piece :-D
    Hugz
    Ike xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice design, this fella is the perfect exampled of "Obsession" - lol. love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what I can see...the boy with the pumpkins, everything else is too dark, I can't make it out. I wouldn't have even known there was a spider web somewhere if you hadn't mentioned it. but the dude looks good!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE IT!!! I don't see what Susan sees apparently because I can see all of and it's awesome! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly love your card, Love all the images you used. Like the title too, "Halloween Obsession" this is very awesome!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! looks very dimensional
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your project must try digi work myself
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! I absolutely love it! You are one brave woman! I have been thinking about coloring digitally; but to create a whole piece of art... I don't know if I am ready for that! I am so happy to hear that the rubber sets will soon be available in digi form!! (There are a few that I NEED in rubber, though!!!) Oh yeah, got sidetracked, you would think there was something shiny involved! LOL! Your colors are awesome and I love how you incorporated a stamp from all the different sets!!! Way To Go Girl!!! Have a wonderful rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea for you for trying all of the digis! The card came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card! It is a bit dark for me too, and I wish I could see the detail better.
    Great kid though, I love his freaked out look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome digital work Terra! You and LadyB should really really give a class in the forum on coloring. Love it! TFS, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow- all digi- it looks fabulous. I'm excited that all of the rubber designs will be available as digi's.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool! Love the blue for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  19. super cool! congrats on the digi! you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought I left a comment on this yesterday; wonder what I did wrong. Anyway, this card is awesome; so dark and eerie. Kudos to you for going out of your comfort zone and using the digis.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love that card! The design is great and the colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did a fantastic job on your first digi card :) FAB!

    Fiona. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this digi project!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply adorable, Terra! This may not be your usual style but your creation is perfect! Thanks for playing in the 365 Cards "So Not Me" challenge. I hope to see your creations again!
    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic Card!!! Thanks for joining in our Anything goes challenge at the Creative card crew and hope to see you again next time!
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous design and awesome use of abundant, bold color! I really like the goth feel to this card! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Digital work definitely counts! So glad you joined us at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome card :)
    Thanks so much for playing along at PaperPlay this week
    Annette xXx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous card, great image :)
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our 2 or more stamped images challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete